Position –Mental Health Nurse – Peterborough
Location – Peterborough
Ref – STRMNPET
Salary – £ 13.50 - £15.00 PH – Starting Salary
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
My client is looking for a dedicated, caring and motivational individual to join the company as a Registered Nurse (RMN/RNLD) within our CAMHS (Tier 4) provision. This role is suitable for a newly qualified Nurse.
My client unit works within the framework of the CQC and QNIC standards. They provide a high standard of inpatient care to young people aged 13 - 18 with severe mental health problems. The location provides young people with a gradual and progressive access to the facilities within the local community, places of interest and entertainment in line with their personal care programmes (developing social interaction and integrated skills).
The successful applicant will be committed to work in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and be enthusiastic about joining their dynamic, skilled and supportive multi- disciplinary team. Headed by the Hospital Manager and Consultant, the team includes a Social Worker, Support Workers, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy assistants, Psychologist and Psychology Assistants. Family Therapy is also available to young people and their family, in addition to the strong clinical nursing team led by the Head of Care.
Opportunities for nurses are excellent within the unit and there is opportunities for nursing staff to take part in and train in therapeutic group programme. There is a full therapeutic group programme that is delivered by the MDT, which offers excellent opportunity for growth and development. Main Responsibilities:
• Assisting in providing high quality care and a safe and therapeutic environment for young people.
• Taking charge on a regular basis and to assist in the supervision and development of junior staff, Nurses, and Support Workers.
• Supporting the development of evidence based practice.
• Coordinating, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient programs of care, with a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner.
• Reporting any ill health amongst patients and make requests for RC/GP/Professional visits where necessary.
• Administering prescribed medicines and documenting the same in accordance with their Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
RMN, Nurse, Registered Mental Health, Mental Health, Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities, RNLD, CAMHS.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.