Mental Health Nurse – Learning Disability - Whorlton
Reference - STDGW
Location - Whorlton
Salary - £24,000 - £28,000
Hours - Full time – permanent
My client’s hospital is located in a picturesque village near to Barnard Castle, County Durham. It provides assessment and intervention for men and women living with a learning disability and complex needs including people who have additional mental or physical health needs and behaviours that challenge services.
Individuals may go to the hospital directly from the community, from a home environment, supported living or residential service due to an illness or a crisis in their life. They may also come following a stay at a NHS or other specialist learning disability service, or following a placement at a secure service.
The hospital is a beautiful and spacious detached period property which is surrounded by stunning countryside in an idyllic village location. It has specially designed gender specific lounges and living areas affording the service users higher levels of privacy and comfort.
1. As directed by the clinical nurse manager, contribute to the effective and efficient day to day leadership and management of the service.
2. Contribute to the achievement of the Company aims, objectives and initiatives in a positive and cohesive manner.
3. Uphold and encourage in others the required regulatory and professional standard, as specified.
4. Act in a manner commensurate with expected professional conduct, legislation and codes of practice.
5. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures relating to the service.
6. Ensure, through direct observation and supervision of others, full compliance with relevant regulatory and professional standards.
7. Contribute to the achievement of positive outcomes, in a timely manner, in response to any requirements generated by regulatory bodies or internal quality assurance processes.
8. Contribute to the delivery of a high quality service, and promoting a positive culture.
9. Practice in accordance with the evidence base and reflect standards of best practice.
10. Promote a culture of change, and innovation, with the aim of improving the quality of care.
11. Participating in:
a. Communications, including dissemination of corporate communications, staff meetings etc.
b. Clinical Supervision, Appraisal and Performance Management
d. Staff development (including Continuing Professional Development)
e. Managing Positive Behavior and Culture (ABC) within the service
f. Administration, information and reports relating to the service are provided to relevant parties in an accurate and timely fashion.
g. Medication management
h. Safe working systems
i. As a named nurse coordinate, for individual service users, the MDT/CPA processes
My client provides full training and clear pathways to progress, Training includes: Leading & Managing in the Workplace, Maybo, Clinical Supervision, Ulyssyes Training, Root Cause Analysis, to name a few.
• Staff meals
• 25 days of annual leave + 8 bank holidays
• 1% match pension contribution
• Death in service one time annual salary
• Travel Allowance (0-20 miles £30 per month, 20 + miles £50 per month)
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.