Position – Lead Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics - Coventry
Ref - DBLPANMER
Salary – Up to £34,500
Hours – Full Time 37.5hrs Per Week
Our clients is looking for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to become part of the theatre team in there hospital based in the heart of Warwickshire.
Our clients provide 52 patient bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities, broadband Internet access and a modern entertainment system. The hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and comfort for patient recovery. Key features of the hospital include 15 outpatient consulting rooms, 3 major operating theatres, endoscopy suite, radiology and physiotherapy departments
Lead Theatre Practitioner Role:
• Regularly coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the theatre manager in the management of the theatre team
• Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
• Participate in HR activities
• Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives.
As a Lead Theatre Practitioner you must -
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to support and lead a department.
• Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
• Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification or approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.