Position –Lead Mental Health Nurse – Peterborough
Location – Peterborough
Ref – STRMNLD9
Salary – £ 38,000 - £40,000
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
My client is looking for a Lead Registered Mental Health Nurse to join their team at Peterborough.
The role of a clinical Lead –
• Implementation of patient care For children and young people between the ages of 12 and 18 who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
• To provide a safe and therapeutic environment that meets the needs of all young people.
• To ensure high standards of clinical care are maintained at all times by providing strong, effective managerial, professional and clinical leadership to the Qualified Nurses and care staff.
• To provide guidance and support for assisting the promotion of Self Help/Personal Skills, Domestic Skills, Socialisation, Self-Realisation, and Emotional Awareness.Summary of Responsibilities -
Ensure all patients care is assessed, planned, prioritised and of a high quality to meet their social, behavioural and mental health needs. Have responsibility for ensuring own and other Clinical Practices are person-centred and evidence-based in accordance with NMC Guidelines.Main Responsibilities -
• Creation of a safe environment.
• Ensure all Patients have opportunities of social inclusion, access to the Community, and undertaking meaningful activity/interest.
• Ensure practice in accordance with; Health & Safety and Fire Procedures, Equal Opportunities Statement, Grievance & Disciplinary Procedure.
• Private and voluntary healthcare regulations 2001.
• A lead in the delegation of duties, to ensure that each member of staff has a clear understanding of tasks/duties and commitment.
• Responsibility for overseeing the administrative tasks eg: written communications, report writing, personal files, care plans, keyworker folders.
• Responsibility for ensuring the correct administration, control, storage and recording of medication.
• Ensuring the revision of Care Plans are undertaken in accordance with company guidelines. Work within guidelines of the statement of purpose of the Hospital.
• Maintain effective appropriate channels of communication throughout the staff infra-structure, eg. Attending and participating in staff meetings, feeding back information.
• You will work closely with Management to ensure the safe day to day running of the Hospital, and the wellbeing of Staff and Patients.
• Responsible for ensuring that the personal care and hygiene needs delivered are in accordance with individual care plans.
• To support the empowerment of the young people, having regards for their dignity, rights and advice, whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in the Hospital’s care.
• To lead a team of Nurses and Support Workers to achieve the highest possible standard of care by providing leadership, support and supervision.
• Provide information, coaching and instruction where required for achieving the objectives of the service.
• To delegate, monitor and evaluate the performance of the Registered Nurses on site.
• To ensure staff implement activities and programmes in accordance with prescribed plans of care.
• Maintain and update/or keep current professional knowledge and competence.
• Be ‘on-call’ for emergencies which may arise within the Hospital and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
Key words: RMN, Nurse, Registered Mental Health, Mental Health, Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities, RNLD, CAMHS, Lead, Senior.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.