Position – Lead Cancer Services Nurse– Oncology – Northampton
Ref - DBLCSNTS
Salary – Dependent upon experience
Hours –37.5 hours
Our clients are currently seeking a Lead Cancer Service Nurse to join there Oncology Department in Northampton.
Our clients are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The hospitals facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery
Lead Cancer Services Nurse (RGN) Role:
• Responsible for the delivery of a high standard of care to those patients receiving chemotherapy treatments.
• Teaching of other colleagues and students will be expected in addition to the provision of chemotherapy.
• Ward management, especially in the absence of the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager and, on occasion with support, will be in charge of the hospital.
• To communicate effectively all information relating to patient care to colleagues, consultants and staff working in other departments.
• To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the department and the hospital.
• To encourage patients and their families to be involved in decisions regarding care and treatment.
• To support more colleagues and assist in their training and understanding of chemotherapy issues.
• To be involved in the development of departmental quality standards and clinical audit, especially relating to the chemotherapy service.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
As a Lead Cancer Service Nurse (RGN) you must be-
• Registered General Nurse
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Organizational and planning abilities
• Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
• Three years post registration experience, one of which must have been caring for patients undergoing chemotherapy/receiving palliative care
• Experience of working with pre-registration students
• Experience working in a private hospital.
• Experience of ward management
• BMI Healthcare Scheme
• Dental Plan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
Lead Cancer Nurse, Oncology, Surgery, RGN, Cancer
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.