Inpatient Nurse Oncology
Working hours: 37.5/week, Shifts – Long Days & Nights including Weekends
Salary: Paying up to £43,169 depending on skills and experience
£2k Golden Hello Bonus is applicable for successfully interviewed candidates, starting a permanent position
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Oncology Nurse to work within their Oncology ward.
Their Oncology Inpatients ward comprises of 18 beds, all in separate, private en-suite rooms. They treat a range of cancers; Brain, Pancreatic, Cervical, Head & Neck, Bowel, Lung, Prostate, Bladder, Neuroendocrine, Skin, and Uterine cancer.
As an Oncology Inpatient Nurse, you will work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with current evidence.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide efficient, effective and evidence-based nursing care to cancer patients.
- Competent in the recognition of life threatening, and/or oncology emergencies.
- Enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring/facilitating junior staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in patient care.
- Undertake the role of mentor for student nurses and junior staff within the ward.
- Partake in an education/training programmes and practice development forums, as well as evaluate quality and the impact on service using audit and benchmarking.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Significant clinical experience in oncology care.
- Post registration course within this specialist field (Chemotherapy Administration).
- Highly motivated individual who possesses dynamic critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team building skills, with the ability to lead, manage and motivate self and others.
- £2k Golden Hello Bonus is applicable for successfully interviewed candidates, starting a permanent position
- Contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%)
- Private Medical Healthcare
- 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive)
- Excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.