Health Care Assistant
Permanent, Full time – 37.5 hours per week (shift work)
Salary: £20,179 - £28,000 per annum (dependent upon skills and experience)
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Health Care Assistant to join their team.
The Clinic provides immediate access to urgent GP specialist-led care, as well as planned, ongoing care, to patients and members, all underpinned with a level of customer service excellence that’s not found elsewhere in our industry.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting patients and visitors with their check in procedure and ensure that they receive a flawless waiting experience.
- Assisting, where competent, in general nursing duties under the supervision of a clinic nurse (e.g. urine testing, weight/height, blood pressure measurements, ECG recording, phlebotomy).
- Maintaining records of appointments and supporting with other administrative duties as required in the clinic.
- Helping to ensure safety and comfort of our patients and visitors.
- Sharing responsibility with the clinic nurse in the processing and management of laboratory samples, ensuring correct labelling, storage and data management as required by national patient safety agency (NPSA).
- Supporting the correct maintenance and storage of clinical equipment as per manufacturers recommendation.
- Supporting in the decontamination of clinical equipment where applicable as will be outlined in policy and procedures.
- Supporting compliance with stock management systems which includes complying with ordering off stock, stock rotation and date checking systems.
- Communicating effectively with all patients to ensure they are informed by providing clear information within your level of competence.
- Acting as a chaperone when required.
- Participating in regulatory compliance checks.
- Responding to patient requests in a timely manner.
Skills and experience:
- Health and Social Care qualification such as care certificate or NVQ level III (or working towards) (Essential).
- Experience of working in a GP or Private setting (Essential)
- Good standard of Education including English and Maths at GCSE Grade c or above (or equivalent) (Essential).
- Proven experience of healthcare assistant work (Essential).
- Handling complaints (Essential).
- Phlebotomy (desirable or willingness to undertake)
- Life support qualification (desirable or willingness to undertake)
If you are interested in this role, please contact me on 07881425439 or email email@example.com for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful* referral.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.