Gynae-oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
£38,934 to £44,798
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Pulse is recruiting a qualified Nurse with strong experience in Gynaecology surgeries for one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located in London. The post holder will work closely with both gynae-oncology Consultants, and the nursing teams at TLC. This includes having a distinct level of responsibility to gynaecological patients and provide a comprehensive specialist nursing service within the multidisciplinary team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspect of the patient’s physical, psychological, and social needs, including HNA tool completion.
- As a key worker, provide gynae-oncology patients, their families and carers with a point of contact from diagnosis, through investigations and treatment.
- Monitor patients on an ongoing basis, to evaluate outcomes and adjust nursing care practice to ensure optimum co-ordination and delivery of care.
- To participate on daily rounds on gynae-oncology patients throughout the Clinic
- To keep accurate, legible records and be aware of legal implications of these documents.
- To liaise closely with patients’ primary health care teams and review all referrals in collaboration with the gynae-oncology medical team.
- To participate in multidisciplinary meetings and act as patients’ advocate in their absence, using knowledge and skills to co-ordinate continuity of care.
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC Pin
- First Level degree in related subject
- Evidence of master’s level learning or prepared to work towards
- Post-basic qualification in cancer or relevant subject
- Physical Assessment and Clinical Reasoning module or prepared to work towards
- Relevant post registration experience, at a F-grade level or above in cancer or relevant speciality
- Experience of teaching
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in gynae-oncology care or area of relevance
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- A wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Should you be interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.