Position –Endoscopy Team Leader –Theatres - South Glamorgan
Ref - DBETLCAR
Salary – up to £47k DOE
My clients are looking to recruit motivated Endoscopy Team Leader to join our committed Theatre Team within there new Endoscopy suite in South Glamorgan.
Our clients are the largest independent acute hospital in Wales and offers a wide range of treatments from diagnostic imaging to major surgery. Our clients have recently invested in a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where those patients undergoing complex procedures can have confidence in our highly skilled specialist nurses. They have also completed work on a new Cardiology Catheterisation Theatre and a new Endoscopy Suite. This investment positions our clients at the forefront of private healthcare in South Wales, ensuring we are able to offer patients a wide range of treatment options. Our clients are committed to providing our patients with the best possible healthcare experience, whilst delivering exceptional patient care.
Endoscopy Team Leader would –
• To provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing a team.
• To Lead the team in attaining and maintaining JAG accreditation.
• To ensure the team delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
• To provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring endoscopy procedures which could include colonoscopy, enteroscopy, ERCP, EUS, flexible sigmoidoscopy, gastroscopy flexible cystoscopy and hysteroscopy or PEG insertion. Assist in the management and organisation of endoscopic procedures in a hospital setting.
• Analyzing staff and ward management problems and coming up with viable solutions
• Working as a practitioner in and across multi disciplinary teams
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
• Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
• Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
• Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for the service
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience of independent sector
• Support the commercial development of the business locally
Knowledge and Technical Ability
• Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
• Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health and safety competencies.
• Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
• Continuing professional development.
• Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
• Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
• Teaching skills
• Keeps abreast of developments in own specialism
• Maximising people and financial resources whilst maintaining a safe clinical environment
• Professional assessor
• Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments
• English language to IELTS 7.0
• Business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases
• Supervisory/ Management Qualification (desirable) Nursing and Midwifery Council registration and regulation
• Willing to participate in flexible working pattern
• Empathy for vulnerable and sick patients
• Empathy for principles and importance of EO and dignity at work
• Flexible work processes
Endoscopy, Senior, Team Leader, colonoscopy, enteroscopy, ERCP, EUS, flexible sigmoidoscopy, gastroscopy flexible cystoscopy and hysteroscopy, PEG insertion
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.