Job Title – Staff Nurse Dialysis Unit – Burnley.
Salary – Circa £24,000 without Dialysis Experience
Hours – Full Time 37.5 hours per week..
My client is currently looking for a Staff Nurse to provide safe, high quality nursing care to patients undergoing Dialysis in the Clinic that is based in Lancashire. The Staff Nurse will develop and promote good working relationships between my client and the NHS.
For this position Dialysis experience is not necessary, although this would be beneficial. My client runs Clinics that treat predominately NHS referrals.
As a Registered General Nurse you will be dealing with the following Clinical Tasks:
• Participating in staff and patient scheduling through active participation at clinical level.
• Initiation and termination of dialysis
• Physical assessment of patient’s pre and post dialysis. Noting presence of signs of trauma, patients’ general physical and mental condition
• Act as a named staff nurse for case load of patients ensuring all care is planned and documented
• Review dialysis orders and initiate any changes requested by the referral Renal Team
• Maintain a clean clinical environment
• Carry out all tasks according to the clients policy and procedure
• Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity
• Complete incident reports in a timely manner
• Assessing patients, providing appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and medical regiment and their impact on the patient’s state of health and well being
• Performing analysis of patient assessments, laboratory data and when concerns are noted bringing the issues to the attention of the Consultant
• Instructing patient in pre and post dialysis care
• Preparing and maintaining dialysis machines and systems according to the clients policy
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system according to established procedure
• Understand the technical operations to resolve minor machine and water treatment problems independently
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Provide on-going patient education
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
Skills and Experience
• Qualified RGN
• Experience in clinical and nursing setting
• Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Experience in Dialysis would be beneficial - Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential. Full training is provided.
Key Words – Dialysis, Haemodialysis, RGN, Wards, Medical, Renal, Burnley, Lancashire..
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.