Position: Deputy Theatre Manager – Hampshire
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hrs
My client is looking for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join their theatre team in Hampshire. You will be an ODP/Theatre Practitioner working in Anaesthetics/Recovery or Scrub.
The successful candidate will provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing more than one perioperative team in a safe, efficient and financially successful manner while maximising theatre utilisation. You will ensure the perioperative teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership, within available resources and budgetary objectives.
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and well-being needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well-being needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop knowledge and practice in own area of work.
- Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
- Develop and improve services, through audit and evidence based research
- Improve quality.
- Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Delegate work to others where appropriate.
- Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
- Maintain and support the effective use of physical and financial resources.
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment
- Undertake Human Resource activities for all team members.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Qualifications, training & experience:
- RN or ODP Qualifications
- Analysing staff and theatre management problems and coming up with viable solutions.
- Working as a perioperative practitioner in and across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes.
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice.
- Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards.
- Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solutions for the service.
- Supervisory/Management qualification
- Supervisory experience
- Surgical First Assistant
Key Words – Deputy Theatre Manager, Theatre, ODP, Registered General Nurse, RGN, Orthopaedics
For more information or full job description please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.