An exciting opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Nurse Manager (Registered Midwife) has arisen at this pregnancy advisory service in Merseyside. My client is looking for a dynamic and hardworking Midwife with experience in a similar setting to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. You will support in managing the clinical team providing abortion and sexual health information. This will involve pre-treatment assessment and treatment to clients according to the Abortion Act 1967. You will line manage the other nurses involved in the provision of the service at the unit and act as the person in charge in the absence of Senior Management.
The benefits of this Deputy Clinical Nurse Manager (Registered Midwife) include:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and development
As Deputy Clinical Nurse Manager (Registered Midwife), you will have experience relevant to your qualification including an active NMC registration. The ideal candidate for this position will be confident working in fast paced and high-pressured environment, coordinating staffing levels and skills mix within the treatment unit. You will be expected to deliver high standards of care and promote the safety and well-being of patients. You will have experience working in a similar role and be confident supervising and supporting clinical staff in the delivery of care.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the daily running of the unit
- Coordinating high standard of care within the treatment unit
- Assisting in the recruitment of staff within the service
- Ensuring the clinical team are trained and able to implement emergency procedures
- Working clinically as required covering all areas in the ward and operating department
- Carrying out post treatment check-ups by assessing the physical condition of the client and discussing any concerns raised
- Administering drugs when required and ensuring the safe keeping of medications
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and security
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Midwife qualified with relevant experience & registration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.