Position- Day Case Team Leader - Wards - Nottingham
Ref – DBDCTLNOTTC
Salary – Competitive Salary
Hours - Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Team Leader to work on the Day Case ward based in the Theatre department in Nottingham. If you are a dynamic person with the ability to work well within a busy and challenging environment, and can deliver high quality patient care, we would love to hear from you.
If you are a dynamic person with the ability to work well within a progressive environment, can deliver high quality patient care and have a desire to work within Surgery services which were rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission, we would love to hear from you.
Our clients are seeking someone with a minimum of two years experience working within a surgical ward area to lead this specialist team.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator with evidence of pro-active CPD, the ability to manage a team and to act as a specialist advisory resource for colleagues in the multidisciplinary team. You will provide supervision mentorship and assessment of junior colleagues.Day Surgery Team Leader Duties
• To participate regularly in audits of clinical practice, and participate in data collection.
• To help at the direction of the Lead Nurse in seeking / evaluating appropriate findings to implement Evidence-Based Practice and the continual improvement of Pre, intra and post-operative patient care.
• To be responsible for Pre, intra or post-operative patient care includes, but is not restricted to : the assessment of each patient’s needs, the planning and implementation of evidence-based care interventions, the evaluation of outcomes and adjustment of treatments / interventions as appropriate, advising junior colleagues in the specialist team, liaising with the multidisciplinary team in the department as necessary, and acting always as the patient’s advocate, to ensure the highest quality care throughout.
• To maintain accurate, legible records relevant to each patient in accordance with statutory / NMC / HPC and Department requirements, e.g.
• Holistic patient care notes
• Health & Safety / equipment checks
• Controlled Drug Registers
• To work autonomously, expertly and flexibly across all surgical specialties in other areas of the Treatment Centre appropriate to the individual’s clinical skills and experience, and assist Skills/ Abilities & Knowledge
• Medical Staff with inter-hospital transfers as required by service needs.
• Effective communicator, good interpersonal skills.
• Professional manner.
• Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
• Team working skills.
• Leadership qualities including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage emergency situations.
• Ability to develop effect team relationships.
• Basic IT skills.
• Ability to proficiently administer drugs in accordance with prescription/protocol, statute and policy.
• Ability to deliver training and mentorship as required.
• Ability to cope with emotional needs of patients/relatives/carers.
• Ability to organise and resolve problems.
• 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
• Free off-site parking
• Pension contribution and life assurance schemes
• Private medical insurance
• Child care vouchers
• Bike to work schemes and interest free travel loans
• Subsidised meals with free tea, coffee and fruit
• Mentorship, preceptorships and professional training courses
Key Words - Day case, Team leader, RGN , NMC, HPC, Surgical Wards Registered General Nurse
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.