Pulse is currently recruiting an experienced Colposcopist to join the Whittington NHS Hospital for a temporary 3-6 month placement. This will be flexible hours of 30-37.5 per week and you will receive £26.95 to £39.74 per hour depending on current skills and experience.
The successful candidate will be proficient in Colposcopy and must be a Registered General Nurse with demonstrable experience working within the field of Colposcopy, taking responsibility for the efficient organisation and running of the colposcopy service.
A Colposcopist will deliver and further develop a nurse-led service that provides a high quality service, expert nursing care and timely access for colposcopy patients. You will support the lead colposcopy and clinician in the on-going development of the service.
Some key responsibilities:
- Undertake nurse-led outpatient colposcopy clinics as an independent practitioner working to guidelines/protocols and within a clinical governance framework.
- Use advanced nursing skills and expert knowledge to determine the physical and emotional needs of the women by taking clinical responsibility for all women who attend and act as their advocate, determining in partnership with them the most appropriate management and care pathway whilst utilising critical decision making skills to manage the patients and provide the appropriate follow up service for other team members.
- Access patients’ needs, identify their requirements, develop and maintain a strategy to enable equal accessibility for ethnic minority patients, ensuring effective communication, encouraging referrers to point out any patient’s special needs, i.e. Dementia, mobility issues and act appropriately.
- Practice as specialist in the field of colposcopy and offer advice to other members of the gynaecology team. Also working with hospital colleagues and General Practitioners to assess, implement and evaluate individualized strategies and maintain associated records to develop and update protocols and care pathways within the colposcopy area, thus identifying an effective care pathway for each individual patient.
Why choose Pulse?
- Flexible – part-time nursing jobs and permanent roles tailored to your requirements
- Rewarding – competitive pay rates and bonuses up to £250 for recommending your friends*
- Dynamic – work across the NHS and private sector
- Modern – book yourself into suitable shifts and update your availability with our free smartphone app, ipoint
- Reliable – daily payroll with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Exclusive – be the first to access a wide choice of work across the UK, not available elsewhere
- Easy – convenient online recruitment process
- Supportive – free revalidation support and on going training
- 24/7 – contact the dedicated team at any time
- Complete – a first class service from the UK’s leading nursing agency
If you are interested in joining Pulse, please apply below to hear from one of our team members. We will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.