Position: Clinical Triage and Support - Senior Nurse- Plymouth
Hours: Part Time – 22.5hrs
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Registered General Nurse to join their team at Plymouth. The centre specialises in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor Orthopaedic procedures. They also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery. The centre offers an expanding service in a friendly environment that is calm and the staff dedicated and professional. My client’s facilities are state-of-the-art with a mixture of theatres, treatment rooms and endoscopy suite. You will also be able to benefit from fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Key Responsibilities: As the Clinical Triage and Senior Support Nurse you will effectively manage the triaging of the local trust and choose and book referrals to the centre. You will also manage all investigations carried out pre and post operatively that may impact on the patient pathway.
Key duties will include:
• Managing the awaiting referral triage work list and the second opinion work list within the agreed key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Ensuring that results of diagnostic investigations previously performed are requested and available for outpatient appointments.
• Liaising and communicating effectively with referrers, sponsors, radiology departments, patient booking team, Consultant Anaesthetists and Surgeons, outpatients and other external stakeholders.
• Ensuring no patient breaches and managing patients that are reaching their breach dates.
Skills, experience and Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive surgical or medical care experience within an acute environment.
• Previous experience in assessment or triage of patients (either face to face or telephonic)
• A good understanding of Infection Control and Health & Safety issues relating to theatre.
• Knowledge of when there is a need to refer to the anaesthetist.
• The ability to perform ECG's and Venepuncture.
• ILS or ALS and NEWS training.
• Teaching qualification – ENB 998 or equivalent.
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience.
• Nurse prescriber.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.