Position – Clinical Team Leader – Locked Rehab
Location - Manchester
Ref – STEHCCT
Salary – £30,000 - £33,000
Hours – Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Manchester area. An established mental health hospital is seeking a clinical team leader. The hospital offers specialist inpatient services for women and men across four wards, with step down facilities also forming part of the care pathway. The company is one of the UK’s largest independent providers of inpatient mental health services in the North West, offering high quality treatment options predominantly to the NHS. A diverse range of highly specialised services are provided across different levels of security.
They are seeking a clinical team leader who is; motivated, hard working, enthusiastic and ambitious, to join their company. As a Clinical Team Leader you will be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership and management to the immediate clinical team members on a day to day basis; delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met. Managing the activities of the team, in partnership with, and support of the Senior Nurse, with close involvement in efficient and effective management of the ward and nursing practice.
1. To carry responsibility for the clinical leadership of the unit(s), ensuring there are sufficient staff to meet the needs of the service users.
2. Develop the skills of the nursing team through clinical supervision, appraisal and mentoring.
3. Promote and maintain high standards of nursing care.
4. To ensure effective induction of all staff, together with clinical supervision of trained staff, mentorship, preceptorship and assessment of student nurses and induction of new care staff.
5. To work within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and CQC Standards as well as following internal policies and procedures.
6. Planning, directing and delivery of high quality person centred care.
7. Undertake staff reviews and team meetings.
8. Leadership in MDT, CPA, CTR and MHA meetings. Support the nursing staff to be proficient in writing and presenting nursing reports as part of the meetings.
9. Ensure the functioning of the nurse teams is co-ordinated across the service to deliver consistency and continuity of care by ensuring the effective use of resources is planned to meet service needs and demands.
10. Meeting Clinical outcomes and targets monthly in line with Clinical Governance audit and KPI’s.
11. Ensure a presence on the ward environments including demonstrable service user contact.
12. Ensure service user files and all clinical documentation is of a high standard, including internal and external reports. The audit cycles of the documentation will be followed and reported on as per governance arrangements.
They offer an excellent benefits package which includes an annual bonus scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition they offer subsidised meals and free car parking where available.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.