Position – Theatre Clinical Services Manager
Ref – DBTCSMBIRM
Salary – Circa of £55k
Hours – Full Time 37.5 hours
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department based in Birmingham.
Our client is an acute surgical hospital with 5 theatres, a Critical Care Unit with 6 beds and a dedicated Oncology suite with 18 treatment rooms and 18 inpatient beds. Surgery types include orthopaedic, gynaecology, general surgery, ENT and plastics.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Relevant post-registration Theatre/Anaesthetic qualification
• Evidence of CPD.
• Expert knowledge of clinical practice
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the department
• Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
• Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
• Demonstrable skills of financial awareness and management with the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
• Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission
• Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner within Theatre Environment.
Duties of this role include:
• The post holder is the key source of clinical advice and support to the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services, clinicians and clinical leads.
• The post-holder will provide strong leadership and direction to all staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise relating to professional issues.
• The post-holder will ensure optimal use of theatres in relation to booked operating sessions and availability to meet the demands of elective and emergency work.
• Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, including the Endoscopy Unit.
• Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all departmental staff members deliver high quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
• Deputise for colleagues as appropriate.
• The post-holder will participate in the Duty Manager roster.
• Support the Outpatient Manager with the Ambulatory Care Pathway and utilisation of Minor operating theatre.
• Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
• Line manage Clinical Leads
Salary & Benefits:
• Healthcare Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
Key words - Theatre, OPD, RGN, Anaesthetic, Senior registered Practitioner, Deputy Theatre Manger
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.