Position – Clinical Nurse – Wound Care- Pre Operative – Cambridge
Ref – DBCLINRL12
Salary –£26,500 - Pro Rata
Hours – Part Time- 22.5 Hrs
Our clients are looking for Clinical Nurses to join their team. To provide a comprehensive programmed Wound care post operative cosmetic procedures, accompanied by consultation and provide bariatric band fill services to support patients accessing the company for treatment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a company who are passionate about providing the highest standards of patient care in a supportive, nurturing environment.
• Comprehensively assess patient suitability using company pro-formats and protocols and determine appropriate treatment options using clinical protocols as a suitable reference point, ensuring that patient assessment meet the requirements of laid down record-keeping standards/guidelines.
• Provide a comprehensive non-surgical service for patients including consultation, consent, treatment and review.
• Liaise with patients’ GPs/Consultants to confirm past medical history and suitability for Treatment should the need arise.
• Liaise closely with the inpatient and outpatient bookings co-ordinators to ensure that patients are processed as speedily as possible.
• Complete discharge assessment, ensuring that any potential problems affecting the inpatient episode/length of stay can be pre-empted and dealt with.
• Liaise directly with the Consultant Surgeon/Consultant Anaesthetist/Ward Manager/Theatre Manager regarding significant clinical risk issues and collaboratively develop individual management strategies where able to do so.
• Communicate effectively with any third party contracted hospital to ensure patients can be safely treated and cared for, and that clinical risks have been managed.
• Ensure communication with consultants and other customers is optimised.
• Review the patients post-operatively by telephone within the first week following cosmetic surgery, referring problems to other clinical colleagues as required/indicated.
• Review wound healing, pain/nausea control, etc in accordance with clinical guidelines and document progress.
• Evaluate patient progress and identify and record any care pathway variances.
• Liaise closely with Medical Records Co-ordinator, check all patient files on receipt.
• Participate in the 24 hour cosmetic nurse on-call service with colleague(s), managing enquiries in accordance with clinical algorhythms and keep appropriate records.
• Participate in the utilisation and review of multi-disciplinary cosmetic surgery care pathways.
• Provide band-fill service for patients referred by the patient care co-ordinator and / or dietician.
• Provide comprehensive aftercare support for all THG’s patients who have contracted services through the name clinic including obesity, cosmetic, non-surgical etc.
• Ensure that effective risk management and audit data is collated and used to improve care and services. Capture follow-up audit data and process to Hospital for data inputting.
• Participate in the co-ordination and delivery of nurse assessment skills training within the company.
• Take on areas of responsibility and/or projects of relevance and report regularly to the clinical team and/or the Hospital Manager on progress made.
• Accept co-management responsibility for all clinical aspects of the services, proactively dealing with problems.
• Co-lead the development and review of relevant operational policies and standards, and patient information material in accordance with the needs of the business and national standards.
• Stock control and ordering.
• Contribute to the building and development of THG services and management of busy case load.
• Abide by legal requirements and statutory rules relating to practice and provide accurate record keeping in accordance with RCN competencies and NMC regulations.
• Take responsibility for personal and professional development.
• Contribute to the continuing development of the unit/Hospital/company.
• Be constructive in comments and feedback to colleagues regarding personal and professional issues.
• Abide by all company policies and procedures.
• Be aware of national and local initiatives and issues that may impact on nursing.
• Ensure safe working conditions the health safety and welfare of all staff colleagues, patients and visitors and to comply at all times with health and safety policies and procedures.
Key Words: Clinical, Staff Nurse, Pre Operative, Would Care, RGN, NMC
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.