Position – Clinical Nurse Specialist
Location – Oxfordshire
Ref – DBCNSOX
Salary - £35k plus Company Car or Car Allowance
Hours – Permanent Full Time
My client is a Medical Devices company currently looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join their Urology team. You would be working autonomously across Oxfordshire visiting patients in Nursing Homes and Hospitals. You should have experience in incontinence, weather than be in a District, Community or Urology environment.
Experience with Catheters is desirable as you will be training people on the use of them.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will develop and implement an educational programme for healthcare
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will promote the clients home delivery service for individuals requiring
Specialist products for the management of their bladder/bowel symptoms.
• To provide clinical support to accounts that are converting to the range of products, prior to conversion, during and as follow up, to gain acceptability of the products in the clinical setting.
• To support evaluations of the products with training, collating data, running case studies, bringing to conclusion and presenting outcomes.
• Collect and analyse data collected from evaluations, and respond quickly, to areas highlighted for attention.
• Engage ward/community nurse teams to gain confidence of products and to bring evaluations to prompt/timely conclusion.
• To assist in implementing the range of products, range into the trusts to bring the process to a timely conclusion.
• To provide ongoing training support wherever the company’s products are in use, as well as guidance in their application, use and cost.
• Respond effectively to objections, and overcome negativity from market place.
• To gain user feedback/ perceptions and assist in the ongoing programme of continuous product research and development.
• To feedback to the company information on customer developments and competitor activity.
• Network and build relationships with key personnel on territory as identified.
• Identify opportunities where key personnel/departments/trusts are receptive to range of products, proposition.
• Develop educational material for use at implementation and to maintain existing accounts.
• To provide, individualised education material and presentations for NHS Trusts as identified
• Attend presentations to NHS Trusts, as requested to provide awareness of clinical support offered by the range of products,
• To work closely with the sales team and link in with the sales activities.
• To work with Marketing and R&D to identify, culture and develop Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
• Registered General Nurse
• 5 years post registration experience within a urology/continence environment
• Demonstrate a high level of clinical competence in relation to the specialism
• Experience in continence and catheter management
• Be able to undertake a specialist holistic assessment, diagnose, plan and evaluate care
• Demonstrate ability to manage caseload/workload and associated resources
• Be able to work autonomously
• Be able to provide specialist advice and support healthcare professionals, patients and their carers
• Ability to demonstrate individual responsibility in respect of Health and Safety
• Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and application of NMC
• Code of Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice
Key Words – Urology, Continence, Catheterisation, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Registered General Nurse, Community Nurse
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.