Position – Clinical Nurse Specialist – Oxford
Location – Oxford
Reference – ZAOXCLIN
Salary – £28,000 – £38,000
Hours – Full Time – Permanent The Vacancy:
My client currently has an opportunity for a highly skilled motivated confident and committed nurse to join Oxford’s team as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
You must have good communication and interpersonal skills, clinical knowledge and good time management.
This autonomous role supports outpatients, ward and the oncology unit and may require some flexibility in hours to cover evening clinics.
You will be required to have a good knowledge and an understanding of the challenges faced by patients newly diagnosed with cancer to undertake the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist. The post will be to provide support and care for patients, both Private and NHS, with Colorectal, upper GI, Urology and cancers of the Central Nervous System. Additional support for learning will be given to expand the knowledge and understanding of multiple tumour sites.Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• Nursing qualifications, skills and values
• As a nurse or practitioner registered with the appropriate governing body, you’ll have the qualifications required for registration. A qualification in teaching and assessment is preferred, as is a professional management qualification, such as NVQ level 2 or 3. Immediate Life Support is preferred and Advanced Life Support is desirable.
• You will have specialist training (eg BSc including specialist nursing practice/specialist practitioner qualification, and/or short courses to masters level equivalent), and significant experience within specialist field. Salary & Benefits:
My client offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
• Continuing professional and career development
• Generous holiday and leave arrangements
• Flexible pension options
• Life assurance and healthcare schemes
• Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
• Free membership of our fantastic Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
• Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.