Position: Clinical Nurse Specialist– Chemotherapy- Leicester
Salary: £26,302 – £35,225 – Pro Rata
Hours: Part Time- 25 Hrs Vacancy -
My client has the opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Chemotherapy to join their Oncology team here at Leicester. Job Purpose –
The successful candidate will provide safe administration of Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy, specialist nursing care of central lines, assist in oncology clinics, provide advice and support to oncology patients and their family members. The service provided will primarily be for the day-care chemotherapy unit and outpatients but you may also be required to support the care of patients admitted to the ward from the unit.Key accountabilities -
• Develop practice in the assessment of health and well-being needs.
• Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well-being needs.
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop knowledge and practice in an area of work.
• Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and
• Develop and improve services.
• Improve quality.
• Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
• Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own
Responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Qualifications & Training -
• Registered Nurse
• Post registered qualification in an appropriate clinical specialism.
• Working towards a clinical degree.Experience –
• Working as a practitioner in and across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Applying the knowledge and skills gained through a post registration qualification in a
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied
• patient case mixes
• Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice.
• Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
• Experience of independent sector.
• Support the commercial development of the specialism locally.
• Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for new services.
• Knowledge and Technical Ability.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.