Position – Clinical Lead- Theatre Scrub Practitioner- Northamptonshire
Ref – DBCLIN4110
Salary – £36,000 - £41,000- DOE
Hours – Full Time
Pulse is currently working alongside the UK’s leading private healthcare organisations that are looking to recruit an experienced Theatre Scrub Practitioners to join their busy Department at a Private Hospital in Northamptonshire. The successful candidate’s role will be to provide a high standard of individualised patient care as part of the clinical team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Theatre Nurse who is a self motivated individual to continue to exceed performance expectations, exemplary customer service and first rate patient care.
Key Performance Criteria:
• To deputise for the Theatre manager in their absence.
• Ensuring that all anaesthetic/ theatre audits are up to date, and take action on findings.
• Capex requests and justification.
• Liaising with consultants ensuring that there needs are met
• Yearly appraisals of all anaesthetic personnel, ensuring that both the department’s needs and Staff’s education needs are meet.
• Liaise with other departments/ hospitals.
• Ensuring that the right skill mix in each theatre.
• Liaising with companies ensuring the best price possible for product.
• Resource person for the department.
• Involved in training junior and new staff members.
• Assist with running of the department, ensuring all targets are met, and taking action on those that aren’t.
• Ensure good working knowledge of the A.F.P.P. standards and practise and ensure the team works to those.
• Ensure all Clinical Governance issues are addressed, e.g through incident reporting, National joint registry, and new services and staff introduced safely.
• Ensure all equipment /environment maintained to meet the Health and Safety requirements
• Achieve Hospitals K.P.I.’s and financial budget
• Participates in clinical effectiveness committee reviews and completes actions where necessary.
• Meets Hospital’s audit requirements for Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations by ensuring all receive relevant training.
• Takes action on results from Consultant Satisfaction Surveys.
• Takes action on results from Environmental audits.
• Process data revenue/ charge sheets. To ensure minimal wastage and maximum profits
• Booking of theatre lists, minimising down time, ensuring appropriate theatre utilisation(e.g. minimise time between cases and theatre lists etc)Qualifications/ Key selection Criteria:
• Previous clinical supervisory experience.
• Previous training experience or qualification.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.