Pulse is working with a specialist healthcare organisation, which provides healthcare to patients in their own homes. They are now looking to recruit a chemotherapy nurse to work in the community within London.
This service is to offer out of hospital services in the community – to care of patients who have recently been discharged from hospital and continuing their care in their own homes. Quite often, these patients are still under the consultant’s care.
This diverse and innovative organisation has extensive experience of working with both NHS and private clients to provide a homecare service for children as well as adults.
As a chemotherapy nurse you will be an ambassador for delivering patient focused care, offering quality nursing that is tailored to the patients' needs. You will administer a range of haematological and solid tumour chemotherapy treatments, as defined in the patient's care plan whilst sustaining professional standards. All clinical data will be documented, and adverse drug events reported via the correct protocol. Long lasting relationships will be built with patient's, carers and stakeholders to aide and support treatment and recovery. It will be important that up to date knowledge is maintained and demonstrated, ensuring any gaps in clinical competency are addressed, whilst staying compliant with all business policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
- NMC registered general nurse
- Competent in the administration of Cytotoxic drugs, be able to cannulate and have experience undertaking clinical assessments
- As this is a regional role travelling to visit patients in their home, it is crucial that you have full UK driving licence.
- Fully expensed company car and fuel card or car allowance of £4,250 per annum plus mileage
- NMC fees paid for
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover after two years’ service
- Death in service (4 x salary)
- Annual holiday – 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Weekend and evening enhancements
- Online benefits portal - discounts on high street stores, holidays, days out etc
- Comprehensive 8 day paid residential induction
- Support with revalidation
- Health and Wellbeing package
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
If this position is not right for you but you have a friend or colleague to refer, we can offer a £250 referral voucher for all successful referrals*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.