Care Home Manager – Croydon, London
Pulse is delighted to announce that we are working in partnership with a care home provider with over 90 locations nationwide to recruit an experience Care Home Manager. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person who is experienced in managing the care of children (with learning disabilities and/ mobility requirements) and want to take ownership of completing the set up and management of this home.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of this service provision and the setup of the team. As the Registered Manager you will;
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of running the home, for medium to long term planned placements
- Ensure the young people are supported and live within a stable, caring home
- Lead and direct staff to ensure high quality of care is provided to the residents
- Promote a positive, unconditional caring environment
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning of the service
- To meet Ofsted and other regulatory requirements including good practice initiatives.
- Great Attitude Towards Self Development
- Open Minded to Change & Growth
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent). The equivalent is the Skills first Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Young People’s Services (Children and Young People’s Residential Management Pathway 1).
- Residential Childcare experience within a children’s home including Learning Disabilities experience - minimum 2/3 years
- A driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Flexibility as will be required to work shifts including; evenings, weekends and nights as part of a rota.
- Leadership and Communication - Able to demonstrate experience in leading and motivating staff members.
- Management - Experience in managing a residential Home, demonstrates an efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- We Care - Demonstrates the ability of working as a team to meet the emotional and physical needs of the young people and planning for positive outcomes. To work with families and professionals in a manner that is child focus.
To discuss this opportunity further, please do call us on 0203 319 3105. Or if this post is not right for you, but you may know of a colleague or friend that may be interested please do pass on our details. We offer a £250 referral for all successful referrals.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.