Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist
£41,664 - £49,830 per annum
Pulse is assisting a large independent London hospital to recruit a Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
The Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist/Specialist Nurse (CNS/SN) will provide clinical expertise to the departmental team.
We are looking for a nurse within experience caring for breast patients and who has a qualification or further training within this specialty of nursing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports patients who undergo treatment either as an inpatient, day case or outpatient. The patients may be having staging investigations, surgery, chemotherapy/hormonal therapy or radiotherapy and may have malignant or benign breast disease
- Supports Consultants and clinical staff in Outpatient clinics, Chemotherapy Day Unit and inpatient areas
- Responsible for the fitting of prosthesis and referral of patients to appropriate departments associated with their disease
- To liaise in a professional manner with internal and external customers.
- To appreciate and be sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements
- To understand the Clinical Governance process in order to minimise risks to patients and staff
- To participate in an annual service plan for the service, linked to a relevant department, that is clearly linked to the hospital business plan
- Act in a supportive role to all clinical staff, offering advice, support and resources to assist them in their clinical practice
The breast CNS will receive a great salary between £41,664 - £49,830 per annum depending on experience.
Apart from being a great place to work this hospital offers the following incentives - pensions, life insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Dental Insurance, up to 30 days holidays, Health Assessments, Private medical cover, Excellent Accommodation and cycle to work Scheme.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.