Position – Breast Cancer Nurse Specialist- Oncology- South Glamorgan
Ref - DBBCNSONCAR
Salary – Band 6/7
My clients are looking to recruit a Breast Cancer Nurse Specialist to join there committed Oncology department in South Glamorgan.
Our clients are the largest independent acute hospital in Wales and offers a wide range of treatments from diagnostic imaging to major surgery. Our clients have recently invested in a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where those patients undergoing complex procedures can have confidence in our highly skilled specialist nurses. Breast Cancer Nurse Specialist would need –
• To provide exemplary planned care for cancer patients
• Leading the services within both the in and out patient environments.
• Lead specialist in the area of cancer care
• Provide specialist education and undertaking research and audit in the field of cancer care.
• Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs within cancer services
• Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well being needs.
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information across cancer services.
• Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop
across cancer services.
• Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
• Assist in the development and improvement of Spire cancer services.
• Improve quality and safety compliance.
• Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
• Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices within cancer care.
• Delegate work to others.
• Determine the effective use of efficient use of physical and financial resources within cancer
• Assist with research and development and its dissemination within cancer services.
• Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment. Provide excellent clinical and managerial leadership.Qualification, Training and Experience
• Nursing and Midwifery Council registration
• Evidence of post registration continual professional development in clinically related cancer
• Willingness to engage in higher level studies if they do not possess a qualification currently
Masters level education in Oncology Practice.
• Willing to participate in flexible working pattern
• Lead within previous role within cancer service development.
• Graduate status with diploma level specialist training in care of the individual with cancer.
Oncology, Cancer, Breast, RGN, Specialist
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.