Staff Nurse – Neuro disability
Permanent, Full time
Pulse is working alongside a large charitable hospital in London to recruit a Staff Nurse to work within their hospital caring for brain injury patients.
The Staff nurse will be working across a16 bedded, acute unit with a dedicated team of Neuro trained nurses caring for patients who are ventilated.
The unit boasts an impressive multi disciplinary specialist team who are available to assist nurses 24/7. Although nurses have the Consultants and senior nurses as leads, the band 5’s are given an autonomous working environment. Nurses are trained in the insertion, care of and removal of traches for patients.
The post holder will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. They will be working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence.
All patient are long term on this invasive ventilated ward. There are also opportunities to rotate throughout the different wards in the hospital, should you wish to do so.
Shift patterns include; long days, lates and earlies – if you have a preference of shifts, this can be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times
• Contribute to high standards of care and development initiatives
• Supervise and direct junior team members and deputizing for senior staff in their absence
• Undertake extended roles such as IV Cannulation and phlebotomy
• Provide patients and their families with information around the care and management of their condition
• Carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
Skills & Experience
• Registered Nurse Level 1
• UKCC Registration and PREP requirements
• Phlebotomy training desirable
• Experience with ventilated patients
To discuss this position further or to apply you can call us today. Alternatively, please complete the form below and one of our experienced Consultants will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.