ITU Outreach Nurse
Permanent, full time
£41,700 - £48,000 per annum
Pulse is assisting a large, long-established private hospital to recruit a Intensive Care Unit (ITU) Outreach nurse. We are keen to hear from Band 6 ITU nurses wanting a new challenge.
Based in London, this would be a full time, permanent post working alongside the Critical Care Team across the hospital. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has over 200 beds across its site, including a purpose-built, along with an impressive ITU with over 10 beds intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Surgical specialties across the hospital range from; orthopaedic and a robotic surgery, general surgery, oncology, gastroenterology, breast care and Urology.
As the Critical Care Outreach nurse, you would be working to provide and strengthen clinical ITU support within defined areas by acting as a positive role model, who practices evidence-based care, to ensure high standards of clinical care.
This role would work in conjunction with the Practice Development lead; provide training within scope of the role. Below are some of the duties of the role:
- Manage the care of patients who have acute pain management needs
- Perform triage to patients who have triggered on the Hospital’s physiological track and trigger system
- Request/ initiate or lead further investigations including CXR, arterial and venous blood samples, 12 lead ECGs as required by the patient and according to protocols
- On the basis of the assessment, to determine and initiate the level of support required, including oxygen therapy, intravenous access and airway management
- When necessary, identify patients that may require admission to a higher level of care, liaising with the ICU medical staff, general or specialist RMOs. Ensure that admitting consultants are informed about changes in their patient’s condition.
- Accept and consult upon referrals from wards staff providing advice, recommending management plans and seeking help when needed
- Plan and manage own workload
In turn, we are looking for a motivated and committed nurse who is wanting to develop their career within a structured Outreach/Critical Care Team.
You must be a Registered General Nurse with a minimum of 5/6 years critical experience. We are interested to hear from nurses with experience within acute pain management and a willingness to undertake further study within this field.
Along with a competitive market leading salary between £41,700 - £48,000 per annum, you will be well looked after as the organisation offers fantastic benefits. These include; contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review. You’ll also benefit from a flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships. You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.
To discuss this post further you can call us today on 0207 959 1016 or complete the form below and one of our dedicated Consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.