Pulse is looking for a band 6 Complex Discharge Coordinator to work at an established trust in Sutton, located within a 10-minute bus journey from the nearest station. This trust is the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe, treating over 50,000 patients every year dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education. This trust provides work in various locations ensuring patients receive the best possible care between hospitals and home.
The successful applicant will work as part of the Complex Discharge Support Team to facilitate a timely, effective and safe discharge of patients from acute setting to the community. The desired band 6 nurse should have a flexible approach to their duties and the ability to work both as part of the team as well as independently. You will be expected to work with NHS patients and Private care patients to optimise hospital bed utilisation and reduced length of stay.
The successful band 6 Complex Discharge Coordinator will also play an important role in the on-going education of all appropriate staff to ensure they have the necessary knowledge and skills necessary to plan, lead case conferences for complex discharges with the clinical team and implement safe and timely discharges. In addition, you will have excellent communication with the ability to converse in a positive manner with all levels of staff, be supportive and open to new initiatives.
Key skills required for the desired Band 6 Complex Discharge Coordinator;
- Must be registered with the NMC
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in a discharge coordinator role in a hospital or community setting at Band 6 or above.
- Must have knowledge of legal frameworks affecting discharge
- Must be able to provide two clinical references to cover your work history over the last three years
- Be highly dedicated and compassionate towards patients
Why Join Pulse?
- Rewarding - Bonuses of up to £250 for recommending your friends and competitive pay rates
- Modern – Book yourself into suitable shifts and update your availability with our free smartphone app, iPoint
- Easy – Convenient online recruitment process
- Supportive – Specialist revalidation support and access to high quality training and development
- Reliable – Daily payroll with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and Umbrella
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.