Pulse is working with one of the largest specialist heart and lung centre’s in the UK to recruit experienced respiratory nurses who are band 6 and 7 to join their research team. This hospital is based in Chelsea right in the heart of London and located a 7-minute walk from the nearest station it has 312 beds and has an international reputation for the treatment of lung disease with more than 170 years’ experience.
The desired band 6 and 7 respiratory nurses will have a keen interest in working on an exciting and high-profile research project on the early detection of lung cancer as part of the cancer transformation programme. You will be expected to carry out lung health checks with patients aged between 60 to 75 who are a combination of smokers and ex-smokers. This will include taking their detailed history, simple lungs tests (such as spirometry), carry out risk assessments and referrals for CT Scans.
Successful applicants will be joining a strong team of nurses and assistants who work alongside the radiology and medical teams to deliver this new pilot. You will have a flexible approach to your duties, strong data and IT skills, be a self-starter who can build rapport with patients coming along for a health check and confidently provide a new service in both the hospital and community. This trust is committed to delivering top quality patient care, excellent education and world class research you will be required to maintain their standards.
Key skills required for Band 6/7 Respiratory Nurse;
- Must be registered with the NMC.
- Must be band 6 or 7.
- Must have a minimum of twelve months recent experience as a respiratory nurse.
- Must be able to provide two clinical references to cover your work history over the last three years.
- Strong data and IT Skills
- Must Be able to commit to this project until March 2019
Why Join Pulse?
- Flexibility – Full time and part time (37.5 hours available per week).
- Rewarding - Bonuses of up to £250 for recommending your friends and competitive pay rates
- Modern – Book yourself into suitable shifts and update your availability with our free smartphone app, iPoint
- Easy – Convenient online recruitment process
- Supportive – Specialist revalidation support and access to high quality training and development
- Reliable – Daily payroll with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and Umbrella
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.