I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered General Nurse (RGN) with relevant experience to join this specialist service as Sexual Health Nurse. The service provides care to patients at clinics across Herefordshire including free and confidential sexual health services. The clinics offer services including counselling, screening and treatment for STIs, pregnancy testing, contraception advice and support and referral for termination of pregnancy.
You will follow NMC guidelines to ensure that all care plans are completed and maintained collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team. As a Registered General Nurse (RGN) you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of all company policies and procedures. Your daily role will involve some travelling between sites, but all are within a close commutable distance within the local area.
Responsibilities for the Registered General Nurse –Sexual Health Nurse include:
- Promoting good sexual and reproductive health
- Advising and supporting individuals and couples on all aspects of reproductive health, contraception and safer sex
- Triaging and supporting the management of sexual health, contraception and HIV positive patients
- Providing an asymptomatic/symptomatic screening service within the clinical setting
- Keeping confidential records for partner notification
- Supporting sexual health promotion within the clinic and wider community
Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RGN) must have:
- Registered Nurse qualified (RGN)
- Recent sexual health experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.