I am currently recruiting for an experienced Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN) with significant post registration experience in Oncology to join this specialist Cancer Treatment Service providing support to patients from diagnosis to outpatient care. My client is looking for an experienced ANP to join their specialist team. They will also consider NMPs with experience in Oncology and will fund the completion of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner course.
The unit itself enables Registered General Nurses who specialise in Oncology to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate standards of specialist care to ensure a high level of service to patients. The service provides holistic care to those with a variety of haematological malignancies and offers treatment for acute leukaemia, high grade lymphomas and manages the side effects of these treatments.
The benefits of this Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN) Oncology role include:
- Generous salary package
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- Clear career pathways
- Access to further education
You will have experience working in a similar role in a private or NHS setting. You will be working in a supportive culture and offered professional and emotional support due to the nature of the prognoses your patients may have. You will support and treat a diverse range of patients and will be an effective communicator with both them and their families.
Responsibilities for the Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN) –Oncology:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Supporting with the operational function of the unit
- Acting as a role model for junior team members and supporting in the delivery of specialist nursing care
- Monitoring patient care and interventions appropriately
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Attending IV/Chemotherapy drug administration training
- Implementing a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN) qualified with relevant experience (RGN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Desire to pursue and develop a career in Oncology
- Up to date clinical experience
- Passion for delivering high standards of care, investing in their own personal development and that of the unit
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.