Position –Advanced Nurse Practitioner – IBD Service -Nottingham
Ref - DBANPCDNOTT
Salary – Dependant upon experience
Hours – Full Time
Pulse is currently working exclusively on behalf of its highly reputable client to recruit for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to start at there modern and innovative hospital in Nottingham.
Our clients are the largest day-case centre in Europe. It operates under a Standard Acute Contract, providing a wide range of outpatient, inpatient, diagnostic and therapeutic services. It is the only independent sector facility in the UK to offer teaching and research, including pre and post-graduate medical, nursing and AHP training.
Various permanent hours are available which may include evenings & weekends based within a busy Skin Surgery Department that provides support and care to over 100,000 NHS patients in and around the Nottingham area.
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, you’ll be responsible for:
- Playing a key role in the Nottingham Digestive Diseases Team
- Providing specialist nursing care and support for patients with IBD
- Leading, identified and agreeing aspects of the IBD service, in the development of care systems, protocols and guidelines
- Working closely with the Gastroenterology Consultants and being responsible for a defined specialist patient caseload
- Delivery of advanced nursing skills within complex patient care pathways
- Promoting and delivering a patient focused service
- Teaching, mentoring and assessment of students, trainees and professional staff, promoting a learning culture
- Supporting and where appropriate lead, research and audit
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- NMC Registered Nurse
- BSc in Nursing or health related subject essential
- Extensive experience post registration within IBD
- Advanced clinical assessment skills
- Competent in use of IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- The ability to work independently and manage own specialist workload within the clinical area and work as part of a team
- The ability to assess, plan and implement care programmes based on local organisational objectives, national guidelines and contemporary evidence
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.