And the winner is…
The Pulse Nursing & Care Awards recognise and celebrate the exceptional levels of compassionate care provided by Pulse nurses, midwives, healthcare assistants, operating department practitioners, carers and support workers throughout the UK.
We are delighted to announce the Pulse Nursing & Care Awards 2016 winners - watch this exclusive video for more details.
Congratulations to our 2016 winners:
- Community Award – Helen Boys, Community Nurse
- Critical Care Award – Kirsty Williscroft, A&E Nurse
- General Award – Patricia Sheahan, General Nurse
- Homecare Award – Megan Bruce, Healthcare Assistant
- Long Service Achievement Award – Patrick Aylward, General and Critical Care Nurse
- Mental Health Award – Irine Neganje, Mental Health Nurse
- Midwifery Award – Duduzile Nyathi, Midwife
- Paediatic Award – Vicki Newby, Paediatric Nurse
- Rising Star Award – Busiswa Cetywa, Theatre Nurse
- Support Team of the Year – Janet Holland and Keziah Chowdrew, Support Workers
- Support Workers Award – Noelina Maponga, Support Worker
- Theatre Award – Paul Shrimpton, Operating Department Practitioner
We received a staggering 1,427 nominations from which our esteemed panel of judges, including Elizabeth Leighton from Kings College NHS Trust, shortlisted 60 nominees for the public vote. And you voted in your thousands, 5,376 to be precise. It was a delight to hear such amazing feedback from colleagues, patients, friends and family.
Our thanks go to everyone who has taken the time to acknowledge these individuals for the amazing work they do every day. We’re proud to work with such an inspirational group of people.
The awards will be back in 2017; giving you the chance to nominate yourself or a colleague you think worthy to win. It could be you…