Staff Nurse – Paediatrics (Adult nurses also considered)
Staff Nurse – Paediatrics (Adult Nurses also considered)
- Location: Specialist Paediatric Hospital – London
- Hours: 37.5 hours / Mixed Shift Pattern
- Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time hrs considered)
- Salary: Between £34,089 – £50,364 per annum inclusive (depending on experience)
Are you looking to join a friendly and highly skilled team that is dedicated to providing the highest levels of care for children and young people? Do you wish to advance in a stimulating specialism that offers top-notch, cutting-edge technologies?
A number of NMC-registered and seasoned nurses are needed to join their thriving and well-established team in the International & Private Care Directorate (I&PC).
About the role
This is an 18-bedded ward with a 2:1 mix of medical and surgical patients. Patients from infancy to age 16 will be cared for by the specialist staff at this facility. Patients from all around the world who have the most difficult and often life-threatening medical and surgical conditions are treated on the Ward.
Once you’re here, you’ll be given a preceptor or mentor based on your background and receive ongoing assistance from our own ward-based education team. Where necessary, these employees will assist you as you develop your skills and confidence.
If you want to rotate across all the areas and specialties within I&PC, you will be able to do so by participating in customised development programmes, which include alternatives. Additionally, we’ll give you access to a planned developmental roadmap to help you advance from Band 5 to Band 6.
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Subsidised on-site staff massage
- Help with childcare
- On-site Nursery
- A wide range of sports and social activities
- Help with finding accommodation
- A staff counselling and advice service
- A staff recognition scheme, in the form of a monthly and annual awards ceremony
- On-going professional development
- Culture Club
Requirements for this role:
- NMC Registration (Child or Adult)
- Relevant nursing qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of working with acutely unwell patients
- Ability to work well both in a team and on own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.