Speech & Language Therapist
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Pulse is currently recruiting for a qualified band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work at a well-established NHS Trust located in Lancashire. This placement is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours per week for an initial 2-month duration.
You will independently assess and treat a caseload of community patients with communication difficulties and dysphagia.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be HCPC registered
- Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
- Must be an experienced Band 6 level SLT
- Must have specialist level experience with; assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Experience of supporting junior staff clinically
- Must be able to operate video therapy platforms/ have experience managing technology for meetings and therapeutic input, or be able to learn quickly
- Must be a car driver
Some main duties will include:
- Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
- Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
- Report writing
- Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
- Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
What can Pulse offer you?
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- Regional Compliance Team of trained phlebotomists
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend scheme*
- HireVue online interview
- Advice and support from a friendly and dedicated team of consultants
- Daily payroll
*Terms and Conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.