Specialist Occupational Therapist
Specialist Occupational Therapist
Are you a compassionate Occupational Therapist who specialises in ASD?
Our client is currently seeking a band 7 Occupational Therapist to join their fantastic Autism spectrum disorder community which is a private trust based in Lincolnshire. This position will be available for the successful therapist to start immediately, working full time hours each week for an on-going period.
To be considered for this role applying occupational therapists must have previous experience of working within adult learning disabilities and mental health, HCPC registration, and a relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy. Independently managing a caseload of approximately 25-30 college pupils age 16-19 years with Special Educational Needs as an autonomous practitioner and providing Occupational Therapy as outlined in their individual Educational Health Care Plans. Providing specialist occupational therapy to CYP with autism and LD. Candidate must be registered with HCPC Must have experience of working with CYP with autism. Travel between sites is necessary so being able to drive is desirable.
Applying OT’s must have:
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- Degree/qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Extensive experience within a similar NHS setting
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to build good relationships with patients
Duties within this role will include:
- ASD assessment
- Carrying out functional assessments
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Treating clients with Autism/ADHD
- Managing own caseload
- Being legally and professionally accountable for own work
If you are an empathetic Occupational Therapist with excellent interpersonal skills, then please contact our team for more information or apply today.
Benefits of locum work:
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
- Expand your skill set more quickly
- Flexible hours of work
- Online interviews via HireVue
- First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
- ipoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.