Perioperative Nurse – London
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Perioperative Nurse – London
Are you a motivated Perioperative Nurse who wants to work in one of the most exciting and dynamic cities in the World? Are you ready to progress your career while having the chance to enjoy the the entertainment and social life that the Capital has to offer?
If so then we have some tremendous opportunities for you!
We are accepting applications from Perioperative Nurses to work in one of 27 of the largest NHS Trusts, via the NHS Consortium.
We are working alongside the Consortium and their associated NHS Trusts throughout London and the surrounding areas. In order to ensure that London has a sufficient number of highly skilled Perioperative Nurses to continue the high standards of care required within the NHS.
The Consortium also make every effort to ensure that Perioperative Nurses who join the associated Trusts, enjoy the same great benefits package and are given the same excellent training and development opportunities, regardless of which Trust they are employed by.
What specialisms do we require:
- Scrub Nurses (varied specialisms general, Orthopaedic, Cardiac, Thoracic, Digestive, Gynae, Neuro etc)
- Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs)
- Anaesthesia Practitioners
- Endoscopy Nurses
- Cardiac Cathetor Lab Nurses (Cath Lab & EP)
- Recovery Nurses
- Post Anaesthesia Care Unit Nurses (PACU)
What we can offer you:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £27,055 gross per annum (Pre OSCE salary: £23,949).
- Higher Cost of Living Allowance for London and surrounding areas of 15% for Inner London, 10% Outer London and 5% in the Home Counties
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Mixed shift pattern days, nights and weekends, 37.5h per week, 3 x 12.5h shifts,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- English language exam fee – reimbursed on arrival,
- CBT exam fee – reimbursed on arrival,
- OSCE exam fee – sponsored in advance,
- NMC registration fee,
- Certificate of Sponsorship and Immigration Skills Charge – Paid
- Skilled Worker Visa fee
- 1 month of free accommodation,
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £800
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme
- Excellent maternity and paternity leave packages
- Discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Upon arrival in the UK, you will undertake a comprehensive OSCE training course as part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration process, culminating in an exam. It is essential that you pass the exam (you will have a maximum of 3 attempts) in order to qualify as an NMC-registered nurse. Once this has happened, you will attend the standard NHS induction course and, following this, be given further support and mentoring within your ward or area of specialty.
What we need from you:
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the NMC requirements. (IELTS/OET)
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in acute hospital or community setting as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of Computer Based Test (CBT)
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.