Bpas Nurse/Midwife London
Permanent, full time
Salary: £38,250 to £45,750 per annum,
Location: Unit based with extensive travel across the London/South East Region. Units to include, Finsbury Park, London East, Swindon, Slough.
Are you a Nurse or Midwife looking to use your knowledge and skills in reproductive healthcare?
Would you like a role were no two days are the same?
This is an opportunity for a Nurse or Midwife to work with the UK’s largest independent women’s reproductive healthcare charity. They work mainly on behalf of the NHS across the country providing abortion, contraception, STI testing & Treatment.
What’s in it for you:
- A comprehensive training package that includes first and second trimester ultrasound scanning and conscious sedation training
- A company car/car allowance to support with travel along with paid travel expenses
- 34 days annual leave per year
- An employee assistance programme
- Payment of time and a half for weekend working and much more!
Shift Pattern:37.5 Hours per week | To be worked flexibly across the week, with willingness to work compressed hours including weekends and evenings in order to meet the service requirements.
Salary:£38,250 to £45,750 per annum, depending on skills and experience. This role will also come with a company car/car allowance. Weekend working is paid at time and a half rate.
This role will involve a flexible approach to travel and may involve compressed hours at times. The Operational Continuity Nurse or Midwife will support with consultations, ultrasound scanning, pre-treatment assessment, surgical and medical treatment and post treatment checks.
Typical day to day duties:
- Be fully flexible and responsive to the operational requirements of the area as nominated by the Operational Quality Manager.
- Explain procedures, answer queries, check and complete documentation with clients throughout their care pathway.
- Be available to travel and provide Nurse/Midwife support to any of the designated units, with the skills/knowledge to work in pre-treatment assessment and non-GA perioperative areas.
- Assess the gestation of the pregnancy by ultra-sound scanning.
- Obtain advice and guidance from the clinic and/or client’s medical practitioner if there is a medical condition which may impact on the client’s treatment.
- Where appropriate, to carry out comprehensive observations and to implement emergency procedures as necessary.
- Registered Adult Nurse Level 1 or Midwife, with experience of working to guidelines, procedures, and policies as well as completion of client documentation
- Knowledge of Health & Safety / COSHH requirements as well as Infection Control
- Experience of assessment of Fraser/Gillick competence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to a client-let service
- Sound administrative skills
The successful candidate should be willing to work in any area of treatment provision including pre-treatment assessment and perioperative areas. Willing and flexible to travel to various units, potentially over significant distances or at short notice and willing to stay overnight at different locations if necessary.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.