LD/MH Occupational Therapist
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Are you an Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a rewarding career experience?
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Learning Disability Mental Health & Inpatient Learning Disability Occupational Therapist to join our fantastic private client’s acute care team based in Derbyshire. This vacancy is available for the successful therapist to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week for an ongoing period.
The appointed Occupational Therapist will be required to perform assessment, treatment and discharge planning of patients within the busy acute ward, working alongside other clinical staff such as physiotherapists, social workers and nurses. You will also need to ensure that you are proving a high quality, clinically effective and cost-effective service to all patients within the service.
Skills and experience needed:
- Previous experience within acute settings
- Previous discharge planning and Oncology experience
- Relevant degree/qualification in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
Duties will include:
- Attending MDT meetings
- Contribute to the holistic assessment of physical and mental wellbeing needs.
- Assessment and intervention of individual patients needs and progress.
- Treating patients for a range of moderate to complex mental health conditions
- Working with other healthcare professionals
If you are an Occupational Therapist that has excellent communication and rapport building skills and would like to create a positive change to those with mental health difficulties, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
- Daily payroll
- Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomist’s
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- First class service from our team of dedicated consultants
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- HireVue online interviews
- iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.