Care of The Elderly OT Assistant
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Are you an enthusiastic and compassionate Occupational Therapist seeking a new role?
Our client is looking for a locum Occupational Therapist assistant to join the Elderly Care Medical team at a well-established NHS trust, based in London. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours for an ongoing duration. The role is band 3.
The appointed Occupational Therapy assistant will be responsible for assessing and treating acute inpatients within a medical & care of the elderly acute surge ward setting. Therefore, applying therapists will need to have experience in discharge planning from an acute hospital setting, to be considered for the role.
Therapist’s applying for this role must have:
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- A relevant degree/qualification within Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- Experience of working within a similar NHS setting
- Good communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box
Duties within this role will include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Support and advice from our team of friendly and dedicated consultants
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- HireVue online interviews
- ipoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.