An exciting new opportunity has opened for a Band 8a Clinical Pharmacist to join a fantastic NHS Trust based in the Shetland Islands. Our client is offering an immediate start, working full-time hours for an initial 4 week contract.
The candidate appointed will be responsible for the organisation, management and supply of comprehensive clinical and general pharmacy services to patients and healthcare staff within the trust. They will be an integral member of the team, presenting excellent interpersonal skills and have strong attention to detail. Return travel from within the UK will be booked and paid for and single board accommodation will be provided.
Duties within this role will include:
- Provide and develop a comprehensive, patient-focused, clinical pharmacy service
- Participate in adverse drug reaction reporting, clinical contribution monitoring and clinical risk management
- Supervision of dispensary when appropriate, including clinical screening of medicines
- Assisting in Medicines Management audits when required
- Taking drug histories and medication chart monitoring
- Providing advice to patients and healthcare professionals
To be considered for this role you must be registered with the GPhC and hold a minimum of 6 months experience within an NHS hospital setting.
- HireVue online interviews
- Support and advice from our team of dedicated consultants
- iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomist’s
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Terms and conditions apply
To apply for this role, please contact our team today or apply below.
Unavailable to work but know the ideal candidate?
Recommend a friend to Pulse and earn a £300 cash bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.