Our client based in Derbyshire is now recruiting for a Registered Manager to join their already established team, at a private practice. The practice is based within large private grounds and hold high retention of staff. There is a main line train station close by, with other regular running public transport.
The client is looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about what they do, and who is also able to work well within the multidisciplinary team.
The candidate appointed will be accountable to the company director at all times and must be able to effectively manage and motivate the staff team. The registered manager will oversee all activities within the practice and make sure that the quality of service and the support provided meets and exceeds all the requirements of the CQC’s fundamental standards.
Duties within this role will include, but are not limited to:
• To ensure that support plans, risk assessments and strategies are developed to enable each person to experience a high quality of life
• To adopt sound business practices including monitoring business performance, working within a budget and implementing clear policies and practices, as well as following Enabling Future’s policies and guidelines
• To have responsibility for the supervision and appraisal of staff, to ensure they are fit to support the people within our care
• To ensure that all staff attend mandatory training sessions
• To ensure the premises are maintained and operated to a high standard, providing a homely, comfortable environment and reporting any maintenance requirement
Skills and experience:
• A minimum of 2-3 years demonstrable experience of managing a similar setting in the learning disability sector for people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and challenging behaviour
• To be able to effectively manage and motivate the staff team
• To work 40 hours per week but may also be required to work additional hours in order to meet deadlines and complete specific tasks. Must also be available out of hours to deal with emergency situations
• High level of literacy and numeracy
• Competent in IT, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to anticipate and identify potential gaps in the service and take appropriate action
• Ability to work under pressure
If this role is suited to you, please apply using the form below.
• Competitive Salary to be discussed
• Pension auto-enrolment
• DBS paid for
• 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.