An "OUTSTANDING" Independent Special School are looking for an experienced and passionate Primary Teacher to work with SEMH students. My client is based in the vibrant and multi-cultural borough of Hackney and if you are looking for a new challenge and looking for an exciting new job opportunity to work with an experienced staff team then this is the role for you.
The successful candidate will be working in our a small class of primary ability from P scales to NC4 who need academic as well as social development. The children have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give the students the best possible educational outcomes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEMH young people to learn
· Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
· Engage and motivate pupils
· Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
· Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
· Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
· Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
· Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the School handbook
· Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
· Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within Leaways School, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
· Successful class teaching experience.
· Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
· A commitment to ongoing professional development.
· An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please contact Keith Moyo on 02033193141 or email me your updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.