Galileo said it best - "The book of nature is written in the language of Mathematic"
Einstein believed that "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of all logical ideas"
Both brilliant men had two things in common; Amazing facial hair and both knew a thing or two about Maths!
Do you think you have the ability to multiply the knowledge of a group of keen students?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Pulse Education are working closely with an amazing secondary school based in SW London to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious Maths Teacher for a long-term post.
This position is due to start on the first week of January.
As a Teacher of Mathematics, you will be tasked with delivering engaging and inspiring Maths lessons to mixed ability students. You will be teaching across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 and be expected to deliver the curriculum in a way that reflects the school’s standards. As this is a long-term post, you will be responsible for planning and preparing lessons. You will also be required to mark work and assess pupils as they progress.
The school boasts an OUTSTANDING rating by OfSted across all fields, they are committed to delivering an outstanding education, with all students making rapid and sustained progress during their time at school. There are also amazing opportunities for career development for those Teachers who commit to the ethos of the school and who’s passion is reflected by their work ethic. The Maths Faculty in particular are a strong and successful department, with colleagues that go above and beyond to provide students with the best learning opportunities.
If you are either a Maths NQT or an experienced Teacher of Mathematics we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Maths Teacher/Teacher of Mathematics
Company: Pulse Education
To be considered for this post, you should
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for Mathematics, which you can utilize in order to inspire students
- You will need a combination of academic ability and strong personal traits
- Possess a good knowledge of all aspects of the Maths Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 level
- Be hard-working and committed, willing to commit until the end of the academic year in this post
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give students the best opportunities possible
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Keen to progress and develop
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Be able to inspire and motivate
- Excellent team player
- Provide new and innovative ideas for the faculty
- Have a proven track record of consistently adding value to their students in all the schools they have taught
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you want to apply for this position, please send a current CV to Ty Yansen at Pulse Education
We are currently working with numerous vacancies so if this position is not quite for you please do send us your CV to discuss other opportunities more suitable to your requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse Education, an REC Audited agency, member of The CPC (Crescent Purchasing Consortium) and a member of the CCS (Crown Commercial Service), offers its candidates a wide variety of opportunities thanks to its great relationships with local schools and membership on two of the biggest frameworks in the UK - Our clients benefit from our transparency around rates, safeguarding processes, and continuing great relationships with quality education establishments across the London region.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.