Based in the beautiful Northern Beaches of Sydney, this Organisation specialises in the care of Adults with Cerebral Palsy. They dedicate their lives to helping, and making life better for sufferers, and their families.
This role will see you working as a Registered Nurse on a designated caseload of program participants using your experience in caseload management and caring for people with disabilities. You will be responsible to ensure the optimum quality of care is given and received by patients and their families. Whilst also providing direct nursing care and staff training.
Role Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a working knowledge of funding, licensing and accrediting body regulations and standards related to medical services, and the internal documents that meet these requirements.
- Monitors completion and results of Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) testing for program participants.
- Act as a comprehensive care coordinator for program participants by assessing individual medical needs and facilitating communication among other team members and clinicians providing care.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of program participants, including outcome information.
- Review results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures and regularly report findings and recommendations to team members and other clinicians and medical professionals.
- Provides direct nursing services as needed and assigned for individuals
- Participates in regular case staffing, program reviews, and other meetings as necessary and assigned.
- Develops and maintains positive and productive relationship with co-workers', community members, those individuals served, and their families.
- Supports consumers in their personal growth and development, respecting cultural, ethnic, spiritual and individual differences.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Nursing
- AHPRA Registration
- Current Police Check
- Current WWCC
- Minimum 2 year's experience in clinical nursing practice.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the field of developmental disabilities (desirable)
- Working knowledge of funding, licensing and accrediting body regulations and standards.
If you are the Registered Nurse and you are interested in doing caual work here start by calling Lauren on 02 9965 9400 for a confidential conversation, or to upload your resume click the apply button below and Lauren Will be in touch or email Lauren on Lauren@pulsestaffing.com.au
Please make sure you have the relative criteria before applying to this job.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.