Pulse are working with one of the UK's leading providers of mental health and learning disability services.
With an outstanding reputation and facilities all over the UK they offer an exciting and caring environment in which to develop a fulfilling career in the industry.
They care currently in need of a senior Speech and Language therapist for a permanent full time role at their centre in Sheffield, where they provides a positive experience for a variety of adult females/males with profound and multiple learning disabilities. The facility utilises state of the art equipment designed to optimise sensory experience and heighten relaxation. There is a spacious sensory room, cinema, soft zone and arts and crafts area. A hydrotherapy pool is used as part of individualised programmes which are designed to maximise physical benefits.
The Speech therapist will:
• Lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SALT service to meet the needs of the complex client group
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence
•Will have highly developed clinical and professional skills to work autonomously and as part of a team to drive forward developments across the setting and in the SLT service; including training and supervising other members of the team to embed positive communication approaches as part of a standard good practice pathway
• Offer support and advice on a daily basis and assist with transitional needs where required
The suitable candidate will hold a degree or a postgraduate diploma in Speech and Language Therapy and be registered with the HCPC and experience operating at a similar level and working with adults who have learning disabilities.
Above all you will need bags of enthusiasm and a genuine desire to help people.
In return you can expect some of the following benefits:
• Competitive salary up to £40k
• Part time or full time working hours
• 6.6 weeks annual leave entitlement
• Free meals on duty
• Company pension scheme
• Opportunity to attend SaLT meetings
• CPD opportunities
• Research opportunities
• Free meals on duty
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.