Pulse is currently seeking an empathetic band 6 Speech Language Therapist with Dysphagia experience to join a fantastic private practice based in Kent. This is a permanent position is available for the appointed speech therapist to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours per week.
The successful speech and language therapist will be responsible for completing detailed assessments; differentially diagnosing; developing care plans and identifying realistic goals for adults with a range of complex needs and swallowing difficulties. They will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team to plan, implement and evaluate specialist treatments for a varied caseload.
Some main duties will include:
• Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
• Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
• Report writing
• Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
• Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
• Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have previous experience working with dysphagia patients, complex needs and AAC.
• Be HCPC registered
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications within speech therapy
• Showcase excellent communication skills and a person-centred approach
• Be empathetic and caring, with a passion to help patients that have a range of speech therapy disorders
Not for you but know the ideal Speech Language Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.