Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified occupational therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
Specialist Occupational Therapist - Education
Salary: up to £32,000 per annum
Permanent: Full Time, 40 hours per week (52 weeks)
Specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring OT to join the company as a Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist.
Residential education provision for students aged 11-19 with autistic spectrum disorders, severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour.
SI qualifications and SLD experience preferred. Experience in ASD essential.
You will work alongside a full multidisciplinary team comprising psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and speech and language therapists. You will be required to exercise leadership, driving service delivery for occupational therapy outcomes. Working autonomously, you will provide quality assessments, reports and interventions and work with the school staff to embed sensory strategies across the environment. Previous experience in working with children/ young people is essential, and formal qualifications in Sensory Integration will prove advantageous. Taking a “hands on” approach it is essential that you will be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills. You must have excellent organisational and time management skills. Within time you may hold responsibility for the supervision and development of others.
- Clinical Supervision
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Developmental Opportunities
- Internal/external training on new initiatives
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata, length of service increments included)
- Offering excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits.
- You must have a degree or a post graduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- An enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Alternatively for more information or to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gurdeep Jandu, in the Permanent Occupational Therapy team on: 01992 305 659 or at email@example.com
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.