Pulse are working witha national charity supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs from across the UK. We provide education and care, from 2 – 25 years, at our outstanding residential school and college and through our short breaks services
They are currently recruiting for a Physiotherapist to maintain and develop students’ physical, psychological and social well-being. Taking a holistic approach, you will assess and treat students using a variety of interventions, including rebound and aquatic therapies, to promote independence and participation in a range of functional activities of daily living.
Using evidence based practice you will provide specialist in depth assessments for children and young people with a variety of exceptionally complex physical, sensory and communication needs. You will plan and implement interventions, formulate specialist treatment plans, whilst monitoring progress and evaluating outcomes for individual students to ensure clinical effectiveness.
It is essential you have experience of working as a Physiotherapist with children and / or young people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and complex physical impairments. Please note this role requires a frequent, moderate level of physical effort for several long/short periods including manoeuvring and mobilising patients and equipment.
The role is for 52 weeks of the year but term time working will also be considered.
- Experience in working as a Physiotherapist with children and/or young people with profound and complex learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
- Experience of delivering hydrotherapy.
- Experience of organising own time and caseload.
- Recognised Physiotherapy Degree
- Registered member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council
- Evidence of continued professional development
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.